Texas Food Safety Manager Certification
Texas Food Safety Training Requirements
Texas Certified Food Manager
Texas requires that a person-in-charge (PIC), owner, or employee of a food service establishment - (i.e., bars, restaurants, mobile vendors, food trucks, caterers, assisted-living, and day care centers) be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the Texas Food Code by successfully passing an ANSI-accredited and Texas Department of State Health Service approved - food safety certification exam.
- (a) Responsibility, assignment. The permit holder shall be the person in charge or shall designate a person in charge and shall ensure that a person in charge is present at the food establishment during all hours of operation.
As per Texas Administrative Code – Title 25 – Chapter 229: Food and Drug – Subchapter K: Texas Food Establishments – Rule § 229.177(b): Certification of Food Managers:
- (b) Food manager certification required. One certified food manager must be employed by each food establishment permitted under HSC, §437.0055. Certification must be obtained by passing a department approved examination at an approved examination site, and meeting all requirements in HSC, Chapter 438, Subchapter G, and §229.176 of this title (relating to Certification of Food Managers).
Our online Certification Exam and optional Food Manager Prep Course are fully approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services and are accepted anywhere in the state of Texas! Take the course, pass the exam, print your certificate, and get your Texas Food Manager’s Certification just like that! It is that easy!
Our Food Manager Certification Online Exam is approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and is valid throughout the entire State of Texas.
Texas Approved Certified Food Manager Exam Online Provider (Learn2Serve.com - 360Training.com).
Texas Food Handler Training
Texas food handler safety training is required for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Individuals working in food facilities who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food are required to obtain a Food Handler's Card. This includes food employees that work in restaurants, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile vendors, food trucks, bars, and convenience stores - such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, caterers and managers.
Looking for Texas Food Handler Training - Click here
Texas Food Safety Training Regulations
- Texas Food Establishments Rules (TFER) - Chapter 228
- 2015 Summary of Changes to Texas Food Establishment Rules (TFER) - Chapter 228
- Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) - Texas Statutes and Laws - Retail Food Establishments
- Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) - Regulatory Clarifications, Guidance Documents and General Publications - Retail Food Establishments
- Texas Department of State Health Services (DHSH) - Permitting Information – Retail Food Establishments
- Texas Administrative Code – Title 25: Health Services – Chapter 229: Food and Drug – Subchapter K: Texas Food Establishments – Rule Section 229.176: Certification of Food Managers
- Texas Health and Safety Code, Chapter 437 – Regulation Of Food Service Establishments, Retail Food Stores, Mobile Food Units, And Roadside Food Vendors
On October 11, 2015 the new Texas Food Establishment Rules (TFER) went into effect. Some of the new significant changes in the TFER include:
- A new statewide mandate that all food employees successfully complete a food handler training course within 60 days of employment. This food handler requirement began on Sept. 1, 2016.
- Added requirements for the “original” certified food protection manager certificate being posted conspicuous to the customer’s location.
- Added requirement for food handler certificates to be located on site.
Texas Food Safety Contact Info
Food Establishments Division
1100 W 49th St
Austin, TX 78756
Phone: (512) 776-7111
Texas Food Safety Manager Training & Certification Exam
The Texas Food Manager Course provides the necessary training leading up to the Food Manager Certification Exam. This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
The course is based on the principles and recommendations of the FDA Food Code and is recommended for people involved in the preparation, handling, serving and displaying of food. Industry professionals who should consider this program include wait staff, chefs, cooks, bartenders, hosts and hostesses and supervisory personnel, such as the general manager or managers.
Course Hours: 8 Hours
Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Texas Food Safety Manager Course - Price:
- Texas Food Manager Certification Exam - Price:
- Food Manager Course & Certification Exam - Package Price:
- Convenience Store Essentials for Texas Food Managers - Price: $145.00
- Curso de Principios de Administración de Seguridad de Alimentos de Tejas - Price:
- Examen para los administradores de alimentos de Texas - Price:
- Principios de Administracian de Seguridad de Alimentos + Examen para los administradores de alimentos de Tejas - Package Price:
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
Texas Food Manager Certification - CFM Exam
The Learn2Serve Texas Food Manager Certification Examination is approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), and is a fully recognized Food Protection Management Examination. The Exam is scheduled and taken entirely online - no need for 3rd Party Test Proctor.
When the student successfully passes the Exam with a 75%, an electronic CFM Certificate is issued and available for download and print. Then, take a Photo ID, the printed CFM Certificate, and any additional fee to the local health department. The health department will issue a Food Manager Card and will catalog you as a recognized Food Protection Manager valid within the entire State of Texas. The Certified Food Manager (CFM) Certificate is valid for 5 years.
Sample Certified Texas Food Manager Certificate
Texas Food Manager Certification - Accreditation Reference
American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP) Accreditation Program
Food Protection Manager Certification Program
Company: 360training.com, Inc.
Accreditation ID: 0975
Website: ANSI (American National Standards Institute)
Texas Food Safety Local Requirements
Food Safety Manager Certification Exam is approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and is valid throughout the entire State of Texas.
- Course: 8 hrs | Exam: 2 hrs
- Valid for 5 years
- Texas Department of State Health Services Approved
- Take Course Anywhere and Anytime
- Course Certificate upon Completion
- Schedule and Take Exam Online
- Available en Español
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 - Online
Texas Food Safety Manager Course
Texas Food Manager Certification Exam
Food Manager Course & Certification Exam
Texas HACCP Training
For those needing more extensive food safety certification requirements, a Food Safety Manager HACCP Certification is available online. Accredited by the International HACCP Alliance (360 Training).
Food Safety HACCP for Retail Food Establishments – 16hrs
Price: $125.00 - More Info
Save Big with Group Rates
Get huge discounts by enrolling and training all your employees. Enjoy tailored corporate solutions and training services - a free cloud-based LMS and even consulting services. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners online.
We offer online Food Safety Training in Texas for: Abilene, Amarillo, Arlington, Austin, Bastrop, Brownsville, Beaumont, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Denton, De Soto, El Paso, Fort Worth, Gainsville, Garland, Grand Prarie, Irving, Killeen, Houston, Laredo, McAllen, Mesquite, Midland, Mineral Wells, New Braunfels, North Richland Hills, Odessa, Pasadena, Pearland, Plano, Port Aransas, Richardson, Round Rock, San Antonio, San Marcos, Schertz, Tyler, Waco, Wichita Falls - Bell County, Bexar County, Comal County, Hays County, Harris County, San Patricio County, Tarrant County, Travis County, Witchita County, and Williamson County, and many more!